A new year calls for taking advantage of rising technology and IT trends.
Staying abreast of what's up and coming can be daunting, but knowledge sharing with industry experts and peers can streamline the information to help decision makers, well, make better decisions! Conferences allow CIOs to intermingle with peers on relevant discussions whether it be digital transformation, machine learning, artificial intelligence and any of the other technological trends and best practices.
Here are Kintone's Top 5 Must Attend Conferences for CIOs this year:
Half Moon Bay, CA
April 23 - 24, 2017
"It has never been a better time or a more challenging time to be a CIO. So many of the rising technology opportunities, like digital transformation, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data analytics offer the chance for CIOs to be in the middle of the discussion around topics of significant value to the enterprise. At the same time risks associated with security are also at the top of the agendas of many boards. Again, the CIO is one of the key drivers of risk mitigation, playing both offense and defense."
- Topics of discussion will include artificial intelligence, security, revenue growth driven from CIO innovation efforts, leveraging the concept of CIO-led innovation labs and much more.
- Antoine Blondeau, Cofounder and CEO, Sentient Technologies, the highest-funded AI company in the world.
- Terry Bradwell, Executive Vice President and Chief Enterprise Strategy and Innovation Officer, AARP
- Paul Chapman, Executive Vice President and CIO, Gap Inc.
- Peter High, President, Metis Strategy
- Marina Levinson, Former CIO, NetApp; Partner, Benhamou Global Ventures
San Diego, CA
August 21 - 23, 2017
"Digital transformation doesn’t just happen. It requires creativity, vision and commitment. As a CIO, your clear vision for the role of technology and proven ability to lead are crucial for success in the digital future. Join hundreds of your peers and examine the key issues that are shaping the leadership of today’s CIOs."
- Leadership in the digital age
- Employee performance management for bimodal IT
- Measuring digital business initiatives
- Interacting with the C-Suite
- Business value of IT, technology risk, and cybersecurity
- Leading cultural change
Santa Clara, CA
May 16 – 18, 2017
"The Internet of Things impacts upon industries of all kinds from manufacturing, retail, construction, agriculture, automotive plus many more.With over 11,000 attendees expected through the doors, 400+ global thought leading speakers and 250+ sponsors and exhibitors, Internet of Things World is THE largest IoT event in the marketplace, with the largest span of IoT vertical and horizontal themes being covered."
- Key Principles for IoT Success: Unlocking the Infinite Possibilities of IoT
- Disrupt or be Disrupted: Transforming Industry/Enterprise with IoT
- Ensuring your IoT Competitor Advantage with Augmented & Virtual Reality
- Challenges and practical solutions for IoT security: Security risks of embedded systems
May 24, 2017
"The 2017 Symposium will help you navigate through your hazardous and exciting CIO adventure. We’ll help you prepare for now, next, and beyond through insightful discussions around the increasingly important impact technologies (IoT, AI, Blockchain, Big Data, DevOps, Cloud and Cybersecurity) are having on corporations and society as we collectively struggle with complex ethical and economic issues. We’ll also help prepare CIOs and senior IT executives for the challenges they face in guiding their enterprise through continuous digital transformations, in building a digital organization, in IT talent management, in business leadership, and more."
Agenda highlights include
- What Comes After Digital Transformation?
- Winning with the Internet of Things
- Measuring ROI for Cybersecurity: Is It Real or a Mirage?
- Preparing for the Future of Work
- Channeling Exponential Technologies: Start-ups & the CIOs
Colorado Springs, CO
August 14 - 16, 2017
"The CIO 100 Symposium is CIO’s most powerful gathering of CIOs and senior IT and business executives. Leadership, innovation and business strategy top our agenda as we examine the latest opportunities and challenges in our fast-changing world."
Agenda highlights include
- Essential Leadership Skills for Business Transformation: The CIO Hall of Fame Panel
- CIO 100 Winner Lightning Rounds: Transforming the Mobile Customer Experience
- Delivering Real-Time Business Benefits with the Internet of Things
- Reality Check on the Internet of Things: Profits, Perils, Pitfalls & Other Surprises for CIOs
- Changing the Customer Conversation with Predictive Data Analytics